Sunday, October 10, 2010

Love and prayers!!!

I don't really think I have explained my moms side of the family very well on my blog. I guess I dont really see them very much and not because I dont want to but because they live the farthest away and all the pictures you see that I have are mostly all e-mailed to me because I am a crappy picture taker. I really need to shed some light on my family I love and was raised with. I know sometimes I'd like to smack some sense into them but I still love them. I am the oldest on my moms side. I have 3 little sisters. Raquel who is 25 and has a little girl Lexie and married to Steven, Chrissy who is 23 and has a little boy Crue and is married to Jacob, and Bailee who is 20 and thinks she has it all figured out but is very confused. My mom Diana and dad Randy were married when I was 8 and my dad Randy adopted all of us girls! He raised us all .... and taught us how to hunt, fight (mainly box....which caused a lot of early lost teeth), ride horses, camp, work hard, laugh hard and sing in unison on our trail rides and campouts to Bar-J Wranglers... we know every song basically. We lived on a ranch in Felt Idaho (Teton Valley Idaho... about 30 min. from Jackson WY) we all use to participate with my dad at the local rodeo's, we collected the eggs in the morning after I beat off Roy our rotten rooster... I think my mom broke two purse straps on that stinker! He was mean! We helped my dad feed all our horses, cows, chickens, cats, dogs, farrets, you name it we had it at one point. We are all animal lovers for sure and our childhood has a lot to do with that. Well I gues that leads me to why I am reminiscing.... we had an unfortunate event happen last night. My niece Lexi who is 5 was attacked by a pitbull. She spent the night in critical condition. The plastic surgeon said he stopped counting the stitches after 300. She has a 10 inch laceration going down the back of her head and a 6 inch laceration going across the other direction on top of her head closer to the forehead. She has several cuts elsewhere and a "U" shaped laceration between her eyes. She is stable but the surgeon said to pray for no infection where all the damage is so close to her brain and she is so young. I am asking everyone to please remember my family in your prayers. They are going through a lot right now. Love you all.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Wow Ashley. That is horrible and so scary. Poor little thing. I hope she'll be ok! I hope that she makes it through healing with no infection and then doesn't have any disfiguring scarring or any recurring trama from such a scary event.
How did she come into contact with a pit bull? That is unbelievable...animal lover or not I hope that dog is put down!

Ashley said...

My little sister was at her friends house with Lexi... I guess they have 3 dogs 2 of them being pitbulls. Regardless of my dads warnings she didn't think anything would ever happen because #1 We all love animals (stupid reason) #2 She had Lexi around these dogs for almost 2 yrs and they loved her. #3 She would keep an eye on her just in case. They were getting ready to leave for the night. The boy pitbull was sleeping but Lexi wanted to give him a kiss goodnight. I guess it may have scared him or made him mad. Yes I agree the dog needs to be put down. If I was there it would have already been done! I would of broke its neck!

Trish said...

Thank goodness she's home now & healing. What a scary phone call to get. I was ready to jump in the car & go there immediately, if it were possible. Poor little Lexi. We love her so. Now, just to pray that an infection won't start. We'll find out Wednesday how the Dr. says it looks.

Penny said...

Oh, Ash, I am so sorry. I just feel terrible about this. We will keep her in our prayers. And you too. Love you bunches,

Angie Stewart Black said...

OH my goodness how horrible. I hope everything turns out ok for her!! Poor little thing!

Trish said...

So glad for the good news! The Dr. said she's healing incredibly. So much quicker than they could have hoped for. YAY! She's definitely got some guardian angels looking down on her!